2022 PGMs Industry Day is not far away. Have you registered? This year you can attend in person or online. If you haven’t already booked your seat, make sure you register today to hear from the key players on both the demand and supply sides of the PGMs industry on the opportunities and challenges facing the sector.
International Speaker line-up
Chaired by Bernard Swanepoel, there’s a truly international speaker line-up from the major PGMs producers in South Africa, investors from Australia and the UK, industry analysts from the UK and end-users from Germany, Hong Kong, the UK and USA.
Furthermore, Fiona Perrott-Humphrey will be chairing a panel of investors giving their perspectives on the PGM’s industry and discussing “Has the global energy transition currently underway changed how investors view the SA-based PGMs’ industry?”
Session Three: Investors’ corner with Fiona Perrott-Humphrey.
Has the global energy transition currently underway changed how investors view the SA-based PGMs’ industry?
- As PGMs are some of the few critical metals not to be dominated by Chinese owners and processors, should Western governments and private funds be investing in them now?
- How can ESG-conscious investors square the circle of investing in what is a “green” metal but produced using coal-fired energy and facing significant HSE challenges?
- Should investors be buying PGM mining companies or companies further down the value chain?
- Should they bet on a future of EVs or the hydrogen economy, or both?
- Is the skills exodus from SA a threat to the industry’s ability to grasp the opportunities of the energy transition?
Chair: Dr Fiona Perrott-Humphrey, Senior Advisor, Mining Team, Global Advisory, Rothschild & Co. London
Brett Beatty, Partner, MD Australia, Investment Team Leader, Resources Capital Funds
Tal Lomnitzer, Senior Portfolio Manager, Janus Henderson
Brenton Saunders, Portfolio Manager, Pendal Group
We hope to see you there. Meanwhile, to view the full programme, please click here.