Stefan Eitel, Director Metals & Mining at KFW Ipex Bank discussed this issue at a panel at the virtual Africa Mining Summit 2020. He summed up that taking further social risks into account increases the importance of environmental and social sustainability of any project in the world. A milestone on this path: The update of the “Equator Principles” with stricter criteria for decision-making. He shared the panel with Dr Fiona Perrott-Humphrey (nee Halse), Senior Adviser of Rothschild & Co, Mike Seeger, Director of MX Mining Capital Advisors, Brosi Kamstra, Director of Pangea and Remy Welschinger, Finance Director of Arc Minerals Limited.
- International Investors: The prospects for the mining sector going forward
- The changing geopolitics: the new “cold war” for strategic minerals to fuel the energy transition
- Not all green jobs are safe and clean
- Building a green and digital future is not without its contradictions
- 2021 Joburg Indaba (online) 6th -7th October