On day 2 of the conference at 10.05, Dr Fiona Perrott-Humphrey will be in conversation with African Resources Legend Sir Mick Davis.
At 12.30pm Fiona will also be chairing Session 2: International Investors’ perspectives in the new economy with George Cheveley, Portfolio Manager, Ninety One (London), Charl P. de M. Malan, Senior Metals & Mining Analyst, VanEck (New York) and Douglas Upton, Investment Analyst & Partner, Capital Global (London)
The session will explore:
- A dramatically increased dispersion in equity markets was an early outcome of the pandemic: is this set to continue?
- Which could be the winners and losers amongst the commodities? Will gold continue its run?
- What are the hopes for, and risks to, a China-led demand recovery for commodities?
- Is the focus by politicians on a “green recovery” realistic, and is the debate on battery metals vs PGMs heating up?
- Has the perception of the mining sector shifted during the pandemic, given its relatively resilient performance to date?
- What has been the reality of ESG on the ground in this crisis?
- What are the emerging risks and potential rewards for mining companies in a time of diminished and dislocated globalisation trends?